Friday, November 30, 2018

The beginning

this is the beginning of Cindy Bergs art blog. I’ll start at the beginning of my artistic journey for my first post.

I came to painting as an adult, and not really by choice. I was a four time non-Hodgkin lymphoma survivor and a very good friend of mine ( a painter) would nag me about starting to paint. She claimed that “painting would save my life”! This continued over months until I finally gave in.   It’s important to note here that when I was a child I had overheard an adult say”it’s too bad Cindy’s no good at art.” As a child I gave a lot of credence to these words and focused on math,  sciences, and business topics instead. Not engaging in art from the age of 13 through 40. Then I took up cross stitch and stained glass work (you know, tools and soldering).

I knew I was no good at drawing, but my friend Valerie persisted, stating that “you don’t need to draw to paint”. So with a handful of cheap brushes, a watercolor pad and five bottles of craft acrylic paint (the primaries, black and white). I started my artistic adventure to stop with the goal of getting Valerie to stop badgering me....

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment